Thanks to you! Another woman will not be murdered in Texas.
Pledge to protect victims of family violence. Take a stand to end family violence.
158 women were killed in Texas in 2015, the deadliest year for women in Texas. That’s a 19% increase over 2014 as documented by Texas Council on Family Violence.
The Tragic Reality of Domestic Violence in Texas:
And leaving the relationship does not equal safety for the victims.
- 43 of of the women killed had ended the relationship.
- 8 women were in the process of leaving the relationship.
- 15 married women were separated from their husbands.
The goal of YQA Foundation Battering Intervention and Prevention Program (BIPP) is to end family violence by:
- Keeping victims safe.
- Holding offenders accountable for their abuse.
- Empowering offenders to transform their long held pattern of abuse.
- Increasing our community outreach and raise awareness of the dynamics of family violence
What we have accomplishment from January 2017 to present:
- On April 11, 2017, YQA Foundation obtained probationary accreditation status issued by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice-Community Justice Assistance Division (TDCJ-CJAD) to begin providing educational programs for family violence offenders.
- To be effective and efficient, we have one full time staff and four unpaid part-time committed staff
- On June 3, 2017 we began our Battering Intervention & Prevention program, Anger Management and Caring Dads Parenting Skills classes at our Euless location in Tarrant County.
- We have launched our website: yqafoundation.org
- Expand our educational program in Dallas County by September 30, 2017.
- Obtain full Accreditation status by 12/31/2017.
- Increase outreach to the elder population.
- Raise awareness of family violence and availability of resources among the elder population and the community at large.
Our objective is to raise $10,000 by August 30, 2017 as seed money to expand our services in Dallas County.
Here is how you can help:
- Buy a raffle ticket for $20 each (limited to 540 tickets) and get a chance to win 5-day cruise for 2 to Western Caribbean or make a one-time general donation.
- Drawing and award will be held on September 30, 2017 and you do not have to present to win.
- Sailing date is from October 30, 2017 to November 4, 2017 from Galveston, TX with two stops in Yucatan and Cozumel, Mexico.
- Texas, fees, vacation protection and gratuity are included.
- The winner is responsible for parking fees and shore excursions.
Thank you for your remarkable contribution to ending family violence.